It's awards season and I didn't even know it!
A couple of days ago, Erika over at
nominated me for The Liebster Award, which is an award given by bloggers with less than 200 followers to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
, and the rules have shifted somewhat since then, so I'm going to be doing a little bit of cheating, because I'm a rebel, and don't you forget it.
The Liebster Award has also gotten a lot fancier and now involves this snazzy GIF (fun fact: I learned the other day that the correct way to pronounce "GIF" is with a soft "G" - so with a "J" sound, which makes it sound like you're talking about peanut butter.
!), as opposed to just a boring old
Here are the current "official" rules for The Liebster Award:
:: Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
:: Share 11 facts about yourself.
:: Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.
:: Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
:: Post 11 questions for them to answer.
:: Notify all the bloggers selected that they have been nominated.
:: And finally, you can't nominate the blog who nominated you.
Here's what I'm going to go: I'm going to answer the 11 questions that
posted, but I'm only going to nominate a few people for the award, and instead of asking them questions, I'm going to ask them to link to 11 (or however many they want) of the best blog posts they've read in the past days/weeks/months, so we can all share in the love! And then, of course, they can feel free to follow the original rules posted above and all that, to keep it going. Hope that makes sense!
First, the Q&A:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted a way to keep my family informed with what I was doing, since I'm not the best at picking up the phone and calling people. Then we moved to LA, and it expanded into keeping everyone back at home in the loop, as well as showcasing my explorations, photos, and thoughts. It's a great outlet for me so that I'm not constantly cooped up in my own head.
2. If a genie granted you three wishes that you could only use on yourself, what would they be and why?
1. More connections and learning opportunities in the photography world, because I want to expand my knowledge and gain experience, but I am awful at networking and marketing myself.
2. An amazing apartment by the ocean that is dog-friendly and cheap. No explanation needed for that one.
3. The ability to be present and stop worrying so much. I know, I could probably do this one on my own, but it'd be a lot easier of a genie could just give it to me.
3. What's your favorite go-to snack?
Cheese crackers. Goldfish, Annie's bunnies, Cheez-its: you name it, I'm there.
4. Where's one place you never want to visit and why?
I'd like to think that every place in the world has its merits, but I wouldn't be too excited about visiting North Dakota. Or North Korea.
5. Did you enjoy high school? Why or why not?
In retrospect, yes. While I was there...yes sometimes, but other times no, because I was so emotional that I spent much of it crying and lamenting about boys. I'm pretty sure emo music was created specifically for me.
6. What do you believe your "calling" in life is? Do you believe in a "calling?"
Honestly...I have no idea. It's okay to still have no idea when you're 26 right? I would say that I feel an urge to be creative and to make pretty things happen and to make people happy, so maybe all of those things are my calling. I believe in following your heart, that's for sure.
7. Favorite guilty pleasure song and/or TV show?
True story: I have zero guilty pleasures. I will proudly declare and defend my love for each and every TV show and song I enjoy. People worry too much about liking the "right" kind of entertainment. I spent all of my junior high and high school and college years fretting over looking cool based on what band t-shirts I wore and what kind of music was playing in my car, but now I'm over it. I like what makes me happy, and that is that.
8. Besides blogging, what's your favorite social media outlet and why?
The Facebookz, because it's hard to be homesick when I know what my friends ate for breakfast.
9. What's one of your proudest moments or accomplishments?
Getting asked to use one of my photos for a series done on the LA Times web site. It was one of the first real acknowledgements of my photography, and it made me really happy (and I didn't even live in LA yet!)
10. What are three qualities that are mandatory that your friends have?
1. A sense of humor that allows for awkwardness and dirty jokes
2. A sense of purpose and adventure
3. The ability to listen while I talk at a million miles per hour, and then respond and relate and converse. Deep talking abilities are a must.
11. You can take a 12-day, all-inclusive vacation somewhere with three other people. Who do you pick and where do you go?
I would go to Fiji, and I would bring Toby...and Toby and Toby. =]
And now, the nominations!
I hereby bestow the Liebster Award upon:
...and anyone else I think of to add after I publish this post! And just a reminder, my request was for the people I nominated to post some links to some blog posts that they recently enjoyed. Beyond that, feel free to do whatever you want with this nomination, be it smiling at this post and then moving on, following all of the official rules, or being a rebellious rebelton, like me. Also, please note that some of the above blogs might/do have more than 200 followers. Oopsie poopsie.
So there you have it! Thanks again for nominating me,
! I love your blog, and I'm honored to be on your list =]